FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Ivy Bridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alpha & Omega View Drop Down
Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intel Ivy Bridge
    Posted: 25/Mar/2012 at 13:56
So I read somewhere that the new CPU from Intel is going to be out next month on the 29th. Can anyone confirm this. If this is true it would be a great birthday treat. Looking to order a pc from yourselves on the 29th on my birthday. Will the Ivy Bridge be avaliable, straight away when it's released? Thanks.
I am the beginning and the end!
Cyber_Tech View Drop Down
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/Mar/2012 at 17:18
Under NDA so I can't confirm rumour and speculation. We will have them from launch.

Note: the forums aren't an official support route, but we'll do our best.

If you have a fault please contact our official support line: 0844-371-8787 or email support@cyberpowersystem.co.uk
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 15:21
Interesting write up: IB clocks worse than SB

So yet another reason not to wait.

I have been told that this may be due to a concave rather than SBs convex IHS meaning that existing CPU coolers and blocks don't make as good a thermal contact.

With the launch due in a matter of weeks we'll find out more soon.

Edited by Cyber_Tech - 18/Apr/2012 at 16:15

If you have a fault please contact our official support line: 0844-371-8787 or email support@cyberpowersystem.co.uk
Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 16:00
Doesnt sound good for Intel so far then. is the 3770 going to be the first and only one to be released then? I cant really order till april 29th because i will be ordering with my birthday money.
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 16:17
Might as well go for an Ivy unless the saving by getting the comparable SB means you can step up somewhere else like SSD or GPU performance.

Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 16:49
Im going to have a budget of around £2500. Im hoping this will get me sli 680s or crossfire 7970s. Will i get a good setup for that much?
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/Apr/2012 at 21:02
Definitely!

licenced View Drop Down
Adapting Dry Ice
Adapting Dry Ice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote licenced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 09:08
You can get a good setup for £1000. For your budget you'll get an awesome PC :-)
Currently Playing:
PS3: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
PC: Bastion, Batman: AC

Join the
CyberPowerUK Steam Group
Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 12:09
Will i be able to order my build with the Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Motherboard. I have noticed that you dont have it available. And does this board have built in wi-fi like the pro version?
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Apr/2012 at 15:29
Speak with sales, we will be able to order one in. Yes, it has WiFi.

Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2012 at 09:28
So apparently Intel had moved the date to today. Will we be seeing it available today?
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2012 at 10:49
Tom's Hardware have announced as have others, they are not up yet but as soon as this is confirmed we'll get them online.

Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2012 at 14:10
Is it really worth getting an Ivy Bridge?
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2012 at 14:24
Have to see how pricing and the temperature/OC situation pans out.

If I was buying a new PC I would probably get the i5 3570k so long as it's not too much more expensive than the i5 2500k but that's more wanting the latest than going for best performance/value.

ScyPirate View Drop Down
Awaiting Construction
Awaiting Construction

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScyPirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2012 at 22:24
I want the new Processor, but I would rather wait for the tock rather than the tick. Its only the first stage of the 3rd gen. I'm probs not going to get a new PC till the end of the year, lets hope the tock is out by then! :P

I can't wait to get a nice PC at the end of the year. I will ask for the best specs when I am ready to buy! :D
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/Apr/2012 at 23:11
You'll end up waiting forever...

ScyPirate View Drop Down
Awaiting Construction
Awaiting Construction

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScyPirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2012 at 11:05
You're probably right. It just depends on what is out by the end of the year! :P
Beginning to Overclock
Beginning to Overclock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha & Omega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2012 at 12:12
Here we go, the release date for the i7-3770k is still the 29th. I will be most likely to order for the 1st may. Will it be possible to get the build delivered within the week if i want the new i7? Also i have included a specifications sheet with the release date just for anyone to generally look at if they don't know the specifications already.

http://ark.intel.com/products/65523/Intel-Core-i7-3770K-Processor-%288M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz%29?wapkw=i7+3770k
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

*Tamed Overclocker*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Apr/2012 at 16:11
Yes, get a Rush 5

Reviews are in, all it seems to add is a bit more poke on the graphics front and lower stock power consumption.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic